Commercial & Community Shelters
STANDARD COMMERCIAL OR COMMUNITY SHELTER SIZES
Shelters for Business, Mobile Home Parks, Apartments, and Organizations (employees or tenants)
Our shelter design and installations have been engineered to conform to the ICC500 (2014) standards and FEMA P-361, Third Edition.
Missile Impact Testing was completed at the Texas Tech Wind Institute and Research Center.
Concrete Safe Rooms
Above Ground Concrete Shelters
STANDARD CONCRETE SAFE ROOM SIZES
* 6’ x 6’ x 6’2” tall Concrete Above Ground Safe Room (Plain)
* 5’10” x 5’10” x 5’10” tall Decorative Above Ground Safe Room (Brown Flagstone)
* 4’ x 8’ x 5’10” tall Concrete Above Ground Safe Room (Plain)
Missile Impact Testing Completed at Texas Tech Wind Science and Engineering Research Center.
Our Safe Rooms meet or exceed FEMA Standard 320 for Wind and Missile Impact for EF5 tornadoes.
Our concrete shelters are made with 6000 PSI concrete and re-inforced with rebar and a fiberglass mesh.
Weight- 16,000 to 21,000 pounds.
Doors are reinforced and double plated with plate steel and come with a steel door frame with concrete molded around it.
Doors have 3 keyed deadbolts and a Lever/Knob Latch
Flat Top Safe Room
STANDARD FLAT TOP CONCRETE SHELTER SIZES
* 5 x 7 x 6’2” tall4 to 6 people
* Jumbo- 6’8” x 10 x 6’2” tall10 to 15 people
Options- Available in Decorative Brown Flagstone or Decorative Gray Block.
Copper wind turbins and vents also available.
Testing completed at the Texas Tech Wind Institute.
Our shelters meet or exceed FEMA Standard 320 for Wind and Missile Impact for EF5 tornadoes.
Our below ground concrete shelters are made with 6000 PSI concrete and reinforced with rebar and a fiberglass mesh.
Doors are equipped with 2 deadbolts, an auto safety latch and a solid steel frame that is molded into the concrete. (Not bolted on to the surface).
3’x 6’x 4.5’ tall
3’ x 8’ x 4.5’ tall
4’ x 6’ x 4.5’ tall (most popular)
4’ x 8’ x 4.5’ tall (special order)
Our garage floor shelters are engineered to meet or exceed all FEMA Standards and ICC-500 Guidelines, and have been successfully impact tested at Texas Tech Wind Institute.
We backfill with 3500 PSI concrete completely encasing shelter in concrete. (Other companies backfill with dirt or bagged concrete)
Coated with a 2- part epoxy coating for years of rust prevention.
Front lid auto latching and can be opened while standing.
Back lid removable in an emergency
Adjustable steel benches and steps with removable handrail
Slope Front Shelters
5’x 7’ x 6’2’’ tall
6’ x 8’ x 6’2” tall (most popular)
7’ x 10’ x 6’2” tall (Jumbo)
Our Below Ground Concrete Shelters Are Made With 6000 PSI Concrete And Reinforced With Rebar And A Fiberglass Mesh.
Doors Are Equipped With 2 Deadbolts, An Auto Safety Latch And A Solid Steel Frame That Is Molded Into The Concrete And Welded To The Rebar. (Not Bolted Onto The Surface)
Our Shelters Meet or Exceed FEMA Standard 320 for Wind And Missile Impact for EF 5 Tornadoes.
Successfully Tested At The Texas Tech Wind Institute.
Options-Available in Brown or Gray Flagstone or Block Pattern.
Copper Wind Turbines and Vents Also Available.
Custom Built to Any Size or Dimension
4’ x 4’
4’ x 6’
4’ x 8’
6’ x 6’
6’ x 8’
8’ x 8’
Our Safe Rooms Can Be Custom Built Available Garage Space or Patio Space, Incorporated Into New Construction, Or Can Be Installed On A Free Standing Concrete Slab Outdoors.
When We Create A Free Standing Slab We Go Well Above Industry Standards In Size And Thickness Of Slab For Added Safety.
Safe Rooms Are An Excellent Option To Accommodate The Elderly and Handicapped.
Our Shelters Meet or Exceed FEMA Standard 320 for Wind And Missile Impact for EF 5 Tornadoes. Successfully Tested At The Texas Tech Wind Institute.
Life Lift System
- All shelters have been and will be certified by Texas wind institute for the EF5 rating
- All designs are Patent Pending
- Shelter operated by 12VDC Battery to provide power when electricity is off, Battery will becharged by a 120 V AC Charger
- USB Charging plug ins
- Shelter doors can be opened in the up or down position to provide quick access for storage or emergency
- King, Queen, Full, and Twin size shelters will be offered as standard products.Custom sizes/styles will be available upon request.
- Down Position Height: 19”. Up position Height: 57”.
- Heights can be modified upon request
- Raise and lower time is roughly 1 minute 20 seconds. Faster times will be available for raising the shelter in the near future
- Installation time will be roughly 3 hours for a 2 man crew.
- Units can be completely assembled on site and carried in 1 piece at a time to allow installation where typical units cannot go